Monday 25 March 2013

Gemma Rose Breger - Knows Wear It's From?

As you know we have teamed up with some of the hottest Fashion Bloggers from around the Country to find out what they think about COW and to see how they style up the COW items that they have either purchased or been sent as gifts from us.

We had the privilege to speak with Gemma Rose Breger who is a Fashion Stylist and blogger of Wear Is It From?. We let her choose some of her favourite pieces from our online shop to dress up to the nines with a super splash of her fun, personal style and notorious crazy shoe collection!

Read more about Gemma below, how she became a stylist, what she loves about vintage and how she likes to mix things up..

Gemma Rose Breger - Fashion Blogger and Celebrity Stylist
WEAR IS IT FROM?

NAME: 
Gemma Rose Breger

OCCUPATION:
Fashion Stylist

HOW DID YOU BECOME A STYLIST?

"I studied Fashion at Leeds University, then I went travelling around the world with a pitt stop in New York where I worked at New York Fashion Week, working in Fashion PR and for Ted Baker. I came home and worked as a Style Advisor at Topshop for about 4 years and then left to become a Freelance Stylist which I have been doing now for about 3 years."

WHAT IS THE MOST EXCITING JOB YOU HAVE DONE?

"I styled Britney Spears when she came to London for her birthday. The outfit I dressed her in received positive press which was pretty exciting! I recently styled the contestants for the X Factor which was exhausting but brilliant. The panic of an outfit change at 7.50pm when the shoe goes live at 8p, can be stressful but also taught me a lot and was a brilliant experience to be a part of."

WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT VINTAGE?

"The best thing about vintage is the story behind every piece... Who wore it before me, where were they going, what accessories did they wear with it?!"

DO YOU USE A LOT OF VINTAGE IN YOUR STYLING AND IF SO, HOW DO YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT PIECES?

"I try to incorporate vintage pieces into shoots often. It's more about calling loads of different pieces in for a shoot and then working out on the day what works best with the whole look."

WHO IS YOUR OWN STYLE INSPIRATION?

"My Grandma.. She lives up in Glasgow but I get so excited about going home and raiding her wardrobe with her. She is still so cool, even at the age of 86, she wears leather trousers, jumpsuits, and shops in Topshop! The other day I got a notification telling me that she's just started following me on twitter!! How does she even know what Twitter is!?!"

WHICH NEWEST S/S13 TREND ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT?

"I am most excited for the Monochrome trend.. I've always been a huge black and white fan (inspired by my love for Minnie Mouse, the original style icon obviously!) and it being a big trend for SS13 makes it easier to find wild monochrome pieces on the high street."

AND FINALLY.. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT COW VINTAGE?

"I love the choice.. it's so good to finally have a vintage online store with this many items to scroll through. It's a great website too, very clear and easy to use. From the pieces you sent to me I love the floral jumpsuit! It is so comfortable and I've been dressing it up and down for all weather! I really love the fun floral skirt and tie dye print tee. I wear those together to mix up the clashing prints, which is also a huge trend this S/S13."

If you want to keep up to date with Gemma, what she's doing, wearing and where it is from..  check out her Twitter as well as her wonderful Blog!




























Gemma wears clockwise left to right -

A huge thanks to Gemma for giving up her time to talk to us and looking great in all of the COW pieces! x

No comments: